Thursday, July 10, 2008

failed experiment.

I woke up early with the urge to try something new. First thought that crossed my mind. Potato printing. I searched the fridge and found a potential victim, a lonely potato. While still in my pjs I gathered all of my supplies. I used : a potato, textile ink, carving tools, cutting mat, ink roller, piece of plexi for spreading ink, and a spatula. After I cut the potato in half, I began to carve with wood carving tools. Bad idea. I ended up taking out a lot of chunks and the tools didn't work as smoothly as I had thought. This is the first attempt.

So that didn't work out. I cut that piece off and drew an outline of a house. Well it turned out looking like a weird arrow. Scratch that as well. What about just printing a square. This one printed out a little better but I still didn't like the results. Here's a tip. Use an xacto knife instead of carving tools. It worked so much better but be careful because it's a little more slippery.


This was the end result which I was not happy with at all. Oh well at least I gave it a try.

No comments: